FOR BUILDINGS IN
zone is located to the north of the east-west axis of
It has been developed reserved for the construction of hotels and tourist service providers. The development of this zone must be in compliance with the regional environmental and landscape master plan. In the event that no plan exists, it is mandatory to submit the [contemplated] tourist facilities to the APSARA Authority for its prior advisement.
CONDITIONS FOR LAND USE:
It is forbidden to:
- Build accommodations in addition to the buildings for tourist services,
- Put up any kind of Industrial or agricultural building,
- Build any kind of commercial building except for those directly belonging to the
hotels and Leisure center described above,
- Build warehouses, storehouses and garages aside from the needs of the hotels and
leisure center described above.
Conditions for obtaining clearance:
- Hotel building of a two star rating or higher, in keeping with the conditions
- Leisure center buildings, in keeping with the conditions described below,
- Facilities for sports activities and the leisure center, such as golf courses,
equestrian centers, in keeping with the conditions described below,
Access roads, parking lots and other networks necessary for building construction must be in keeping with the regulation spelled out below:
- All entrances to hotel buildings and construction work sites or leisure centers
must comply with
the landscaping design of the region. Such entranceways must be laid out in
compliance with safety and sanitary standards(fire fighting, garbage collectionetc.).
- Access ways must be laid out in such a way as to facilitate the movement of
(width of the access must be over 1.8 meters, with a minimum grade of 10 percent).
- Parking lots and access for the transport for goods (must be camouflaged by trees):
plantation of at least one large tree for bus parking lot, one large tree for every
four automobile spaces and
one large tree for every 12-meter length of access road.
- Parking lots for new construction work sites must be located within the work site.
They must be
laid out with a landscape design that includes trees planted all around to conceal
them from the view of the public and dwelling places.
- All buildings located close to the potable water distribution network must be
connected thereto for their supply; in the event that the construction work site is
supplied by a well, the design
specifications must be joined to the building permit application. It is mandatory for
wastewater to be treated.
- It is mandatory for the distribution of electricity from either a public or self-
generating network to be put underground.
- Generators must be installed inside a cabin designed to reduce sound nuisance.
- It is mandatory for sewage wastewater to be treated.
- The land lots must be equipped with a drainage system allowing rainwater
collection or with water storage ponds.
- Garbage holding areas must have an access allowing garbage trucks to enter and
leave and the location must be concealed by plating trees to keep it out of sight.
In general, the minimum surface area of the land lots is 2.5 hectares.
Set up of the construction work site:
- Buildings that face the main roads must be 20 meters away from the road alignment
and 10 meters from pathways or trails.
- The construction work site must be 10 meters away from each side of the land lots.
Surface and height of buildings:
- Land use: The built up surface of the floor area shall not be in excess of 20 percent of the land lot.
- Land use guideline : Equal to a maximum of .2 (patio, veranda surface and . . .
including roof must be the equivalent of half of the surface of the building.
- Height of the walls of buildings : Not over 12 meters from the topography post of
the roadway located near the construction work site.
- Number of floors : Maximum of 3 floors (including the ground floor).
- Density of hotel rooms : Maximum of 40 rooms per hectare.
LANDSCAPING, GARDENS AND TREE PLANTATIONS:
The recommendations outlined below must be followed for the engineering, construction and maintenance of the buildings and landscape architecture ( replanting trees or conservation and decoration of existing forests) in the region. The purpose of these recommendations is to improve this zone in order to make it into a real landscape garden, in keeping with the esthetic features of the buildings.
- All building roofs must be sloped (30 to 60o) and the edge of the roof must project
outward in order to protect the walls, doors and windows. No roofed patios are
- Materials and exterior walls : As much as possible, materials for the construction of exterior walls must be of local manufacture (wood, laterite, sandstone or brick); the use of curtain walls, ceramic tiles and roofs with galvanized of fiber cement sheeting is not allowed.
- The buildings must be of similar color : Colors ranging from beige to brick as well
as gray are allowed. The colors of the roofs may be: green, tile, brown or gray.
Golden yellow and the color used for monastery buildings are forbidden in this zone.
- The lighting of roadways, entranceways and stairways must be complementary and
not project an excessive glare. Reflector flood lamps, neon lighting, blinking lights or striking colors are therefore not allowed.
- Bedroom or special room balconies or verandas must have a balustrade enabling
view from the inside to the outside. Balcony balustrades, stair railing must be made of dark colored wood, iron or aluminum.
- Television antennae must not be visible from the roadway or the neighboring lot.
- Air conditioning units must not be visible from a distance.
- Lots that are not built up must be prepared as gardens and planted with trees (at
least one large tree for every 50 square meters of surface). Systems to irrigate or
water the gardens must be put underground.
- The perimeters of lots must be fenced off and planted with trees; the height must
not exceed 1.8 meters. If the fence is made of brick or stone, the maximum height
is 8 meter with planted trees extending 1 meter beyond it.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer